Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Muse concert (how I got Dom's setlist)

And it was a day to remember.

When Jan told me that Muse was coming to KL, I knew then and there that I was going to see them, by hook or by crook, most likely by begging one of my bro's to get me a ticket.

The show was super. I mean there I was trapped in the sea of humans, body contorted in positions I never thought was humanly possible, drenched in sweat not all of it was mine, and it was well worth it.

If you read Jan's account, you should know that we got separated just as the show was starting. I've never liked being pushed around, especially in concerts so, I dug my heels and stood my ground. Well.. in fact I fought my way further up until I was just one person away from the very front. When one is determined, one will find one's way.

And the view there was even lovelier. I had a great shot of the band. One thing sucky about having a good spot is that more often than not, ambitious people would want to take it away from you. So I had to violently defend my post which kinda remove the fun of enjoying the music at times. However, I'm so glad that the kind gentlemen who were guarding the stage were also kind enough to give us water so we could scream our love without permanently damaging our vocal cords. Thank you God..

And if you've read Jan's account, you'd also know that I managed to acquire Dom's (the cute drummer) setlist. I must admit, I have a thing for setlists. I love to collect them. So here's the story.

After the show and as the crew were busy cleaning up the stage and packing the equipment. I asked some random local cameraman to get me the setlist. Actually, I had Matt's setlist in mind and that guy was going to hand it to me until a couple of security guards took it off his hand and threw it to another group who were only riding on my loud request. I was pissed beyond compare and knowing that I still have one last shot at it, stayed on.

Then I saw this (probably) British dude tidying up the drum set, knowing that Dom's setlist was still intact, I shouted towards him.

"Excuse me! May I have the setlist please?"

That was it, my voice carried through. He looked up and saw me, I smiled and repeated myself and I might have threw in a British accent while I was at it too. He nodded.

I waited with nervous anticipation as he made his way to the edge of the stage with the precious document. I was afraid that he was going to give it to the security guard and once again that ^$$(10wn would try to rob me off my rightful treasure.

Instead the cute crew dude climbed down from the stage and walked towards me. All around, the screaming vultures were at it again, attempting to screw me by confusing him. But, that man was an angel, he folded the paper and placed it safely in my hands away from the outstretched arms of those with evil intentions. It was the most beautiful thing. I thanked him kindly.
So, that's what happened at the Muse concert. I suffered from aching muscles afterwards and as the pain slowly went away it was harder to believe that we actually went to see them at all. *sigh Hopefully, they'll return in a couple of years because man, they are indeed, awesome.