Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

e for eggs


when i was a little girl, i was rather picky when it comes to food. when mummy cooked something i don't feel like eating, i won't eat at all. but, abah found a way to make sure that i'd never go hungry. he would fry eggs for me. not just any fried eggs, but the real nice crispy brown that only i know how to appreciate. so throughout my childhood, i considered myself to be very privelleged to have exactly what i want, when i want it.

and even now, everytime i go home, abah would always ask me "nak telur?", and always i would say yes, please, thank you daddy! and when abah would pretend that he thought i've eaten, mummy would step up to the frying pan. i loooooove em both.

my best buddy, faizah says i'm sooooo easy to please. she cooks me nice crispy brown eggs too and i'd marry her if i could.

i wonder if i would grow up to be exactly as i am now without the protein in those millions of fried eggs i've consumed. always insisting for it exactly as i want it. obstinate, hard-headed, determined, obsessive, tough to crack unlike humpty dumpty.

as long as i learn to watch myself, i'll be fine.