Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Upfield


One of the things on my wishlist is to experience a Japanese rock gig. I got my wish soon after I went to Akihabara to get the camera. There was an open air festival-sort of event in Ueno Park and I had one of the best gigs in my life.

Yes, I could barely understand what the heck they were singing but people were right when they say that music is universal. I was moving my body and banging my head to the rocking sounds of the japanese underground scene.


Yes, I do have my favorite acts, Tribal Chair's music was hard not to enjoy, I would list it along the same group as Love Me Butch, an awesome local band that I love. And the vocalist was sooo hot. His english was good as well, I found out about this after the gig though, I am that serious about music. Plus, he can really work up the crowd. Yum yum. (I was reminded of my honey who kinda look like a Japanese.. who underwent a plastic surgery to look more Malay or something like that but still is hot as heck.) Hehe..


Another good band is Last Alliance, one thing great about them is the fact that even though they've finished their setlist, they came back again and again after the crowd clapped them back on stage. It was super cool of them. I was eyeing the basist and then realized that he was the one who sold me my UpField no kiiro tii shatsu. Sweet.


What a way to end the weekend, by the time we arrived back at the dorm, the guys were already back from Mt. Fuji. Yes, we missed climbing the mountain but compared to the fun that I had with the aching legs I would be having, I think I made the right choice.

"Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to climb it."
-Prof. Jeff, a cool lecturer from Hawaii.