Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

something grand


I once knew a man
believed his life was his
bended all the rules
he would not suffer fools.

They left him to die,
while the sun was high.

But if,
I were in his shoes,
I won't let them shoot me
I would fight
my way into the night.

I once knew a child
Believed she own the world
Fed it with her dreams
So it would grow long limbs.

They call out her name,
and put her to shame.

But if,
I were in her place,
I won't let them play me
I would tear
them so they wouldn't dare.

For all of the lies that
we have been so gently fed
For all of the dreams that
they have forced us to forget

It's so easy to bow down
get up now,
get off the ground.
It's time to take a stand for your demands.
It's time to make demands for something grand.

Words and music by Ana Raffali (anaraffali muzik ent.)