Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Love song for Ana

Tugging at the sleeves where I'm wearing my heart on

It was a last minute thing, to tell you the truth. I found out that he was in town the night before his 2nd show in Ebisu Garden Hall, just last night. I was listening to his songs and decided to google him and there he was waiting for me. Hehe.. Good thing I had a few Japanese friends around to help me get the ticket. We ended up buying it in a convenient store not far from the dorm. I was jumping with joy at the thought of seeing him.

The concert was awesome. It was electrifying, orgasmic, and sentimental. I would like to make a public announcement that John Mayer is currently the unrequited love of my life, make it the number one unrequited love of my life. I don't know why I like him so much, I just do. Maybe it's because of his sexy voice singing all those beautiful songs. Maybe because it's just him. Whatever that supposed to mean.

There were soooooo many people, pushing and shoving but I still had a good view of him somewhere third row or in between. There were times when it seemed impossible to move my body to the songs because it was that crowded but I stood firm in my spot because I knew John could see me from up there. There were moments when we sang together, word for word. In those brief moments somehow it almost feels like we knew each other. (I know, I know this is turning into a hopeless romantic vain story with minor embellishing, but I swear he really looked my way more than once because I could see his lips curved into a smile when I smiled at him.)

When he finished playing eleven songs and said "Thank you, doomo arigatoo!" and the band also waved goodbye and went off stage, I kept on clapping and shouted "encore" and "we want more" or something like that until people started to join in and we created a momentum and it forced my prince out of his castle. He brought out his acoustic and I shouted out "3x5, please." It turned out it was actually in the setlist incase the fans wanted more. Fantastic.

The last song that the band played was "in repair" and this song will always be special in my heart because John and I was making out through that particular song, symbolically of course. It was when he was performing awesome guitar licks and his fingers were everywhere and he looked at me and saw that I was so into him and he was so hot with his mouth parted and so was mine and we were moving together to the same rhythm of the guitar and he smiled because he knew what we were sharing and it was the best experience ever.

He is incredible, loving those hands and mouth, wondering what else they are good at. Ehem.. Anyway, I got his setlist which is still a prize next to his guitar picks, which was impossible to get sice there were too many hopefull and determined individuals around. I was particularly lucky though, there were quite a number of people reaching out for the two pieces of paper put together. Maybe it's cause I said "please" to the technician that's why he gave it to me.

The setlist

I got the chance to go back stage with the help of one of his band mates and took picture with the guys. Too bad my lil Johnny was not around.. *sigh But, then maybe it's a good thing, I might jumped on him or something like that and he won't ever recover. ;p

The band or 1/2 of the band

I am the kind of person who believes that everything happens for a reason. I do not know the exact reason why I should be so intoxicated and under heavy influence of Jo-chan, but I think it has something to do with picking up the guitar again and writing more thoughtful songs. I've always needed the push. Now, I feel inspired, like a song is somewhere sleeping between me and my pillows. If I could just wake him up, perhaps with a promise of a breakfast in bed, then things would fall into place.

Somehow, as impossible as it may seem, I have a feeling that John and I will meet again, another concert maybe, just a feeling.

John Mayer - Love Song for No One

Staying home alone on a Friday
Flat on the floor looking back
On old love
Or lack thereof
After all the crushes are faded
And all my wishful thinking was wrong
I'm jaded
I hate it

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
Get here

Searching all my days just to find you
I'm not sure who I'm looking for
I'll know it
When I see you
Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom
Staying up all night just to write
A love song for no one

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here

I could have met you in a sandbox
I could have passed you on the sidewalk
Could I have missed my chance
And watched you walk away?
Oh no way

I could have met you in a sandbox
I could have passed you on the sidewalk
Could I have missed my chance
And watched you walk away?

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
I'm so tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here(1st time Oh, yeah)
2x
You'll be so good
You'll be so good for me