Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Out the window


It had been raining a lot here these past few weeks. Big torrential droplets, the kind that seeps through the skin and into the bones, freezing your insides like cold steel.

Wet and weak, I often found myself struggling against the karmic wind, stumbling through familiar streets praying for a change, missing the warmth of the sun.

Sometimes, a patch of blue escape through and the rain was momentarily gone. Even the wicked wind was behaving and life would settle itself into a dreamlike state, but only for so long.

Just when I thought that the worse was over, and that someone did call the plumber to have the leaking sky fixed, yesterday's returning storm blew in and I'd be shivering all over again.

Day in and day out, I was soaked through and through. The only way not to get wet was to stay inside, but staying inside was not a way to get rid of the cold.

During these moments, the only way to keep warm was to keep myself occupied with small talks and big walks. The rain was less offensive when you're constantly on the move.

Suddenly yesterday, it stopped raining. Just like a flip of a switch, the sun lit up all smiling and warm. And like a scared cowering bully, the rain ran to hide itself in the blackest depths of the sea.

Looking out through the window, I could feel the sun heating up my skin and drying my face. My frozen parts are melting, I'm going out to play because here comes the sun.


Here Comes the Sun (Harrison)

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right