Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tabemono II

Joe, Lisa, Mark & Ashley
We went to Harajuku and found a Turkish Kebab Stall. I miss the taste of real chicken. I looked around the shop and saw Quranic Verses on the wall so thought it might be safe after all. (God help me) It was sooo good, I wouldn't mind going to Harajuku again just so I could grab another one.


The next day, Lisa came over with her friends Yashiko and Eri and cooked for us 'sayuu' with noodles and tamagoyaki with crabmeat. Bakh and I made seafood with black pepper sauce and fried 'ikan masin' from China that Chris gave. It was sooo good, to commence the first day of puasa in Japan for little Ms. Ana. I ate the noodles and some more rice just because it was that tasty.


A while back, Joe and I went to Tokyo Dome City because I kinda owe him my dinner. So I treated him to an 'Obakeyashiki' or a haunted house called the 13 Doors. It was quite scary, you need to unlock 13 doors (duh!) to get out. I was reminded of the game silent hill. There was this one time when we were walking through the hallway with a big mirror at the end. We ignored our reflections because we could see what was behind us. Even though the 2 joined-up flying ghosts were not real, we ran anyway. (I love Obakeyashiki, I'll probably write a whole entry about it, later.)


Anyway, that's actually running away from the topic. After the scare we went to the supermarket to get some ice-cream. And Joe said, "Ana, thanks for the treat. I'm gonna make spaggetti with scampi just for you." Aw... that is so sweet of you.
And so this was my buka puasa meal yesterday. Man, this was the best dish a guy has ever cooked for me (Counted my dad out.) It was actually delicious. I love it and he even served me a very generous portion so I was stuffed and happy. And he remembered his promise, so extra points for that.

All in all, it's nice when your friends are understanding and they accommodate themselves to your needs. It goes to show how a bit of acceptance can go a long way.