Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Of Mice and Men

The best part about taking TESL is that you could really explore literature. Have engaging discussions about characters that inspire and shock you into reality. Literary works, although fiction, become so unforgettable because they remind us so much about the real world especially the darker sadder part. They move us in such a way that sometimes it’s like a slap on the face.

Watched of Mice and Men starring John Malkovich and Gary Sinese today. Too bad I didn't get to read Steinbeck's book first before Mdm Adzura had us all watch it. I was even late for class but in the end managed to get a sore bum seater at the very front. It was worth it.

Before I give a literature review, I'm gonna have to read the book now. So I'll just get straight to the point. I cried. Hot salty tears were streaming down my face towards the end of the movie. It was so beautifully sad. I can't help it. I rarely cry in movies, I repeat, rarely. Hindi films can't hurt me, ever. But occasionally some brilliant producer managed to talk an awesome director into making a huge-ass great movie and all my defenses would come tumbling down. I almost sound pissed off because of it, that's because I don't like to cry. I hate crying.

But it feels good though. It makes me feel all womanly nice, like my heart is actually in the right place.