Philosophical cow dung on the life of little Ms. Imperfectly Fine.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The time of the pain

It's nice to be surrounded by good friends you can always rely on. In your times of need, they are there to lend a hand. I grew to appreciate this blessing of great company, makes you feel appreciated as well.

I was in sooo much pain last night, I thought I would die. It was like somebody was ripping my insides apart, put it back together completely healed, only to do it again and again and again. I felt so helpless, I was. I didn't expect it to hurt this much. Didn't know it could. In the middle of the night, I realized how painful it is to be a girl.

The concerned voice of my friend, Faizah, brought a sense of hope in me. In my agony, I told her what was wrong. Although she couldn't see me, she couldn't see through the wall, she knew that I was hurting like heck. And she instantly rushed to get reinforcements. Jammy and Sarah were waiting outside with Wana's two miracle pills and a glass of water when I came out. I then realized how wonderful it is to be a a girl with great friends. It's Ms. Ana and her league of super friends.

They made sure that I was properly drugged and lying albeit uncomfortably on my bed, they stayed a while to cheer me up. I was starting to make silly jokes and Faizah was starting to get suspicious of my good humor. I need to do something to get my mind off the pain before the drug kicks in.

"Kan best kalau pregnant, tak payah sakit macam ni."
"Banyaknye letak minyak, boleh goreng telur dah ni."


Jammy said that maybe we should call my doctor friend to come instead of sending me to the clinic. Yeah, that's a great idea! My very own private doctor. Ooh, that would surely get my mind off the pain in more ways than one. Eeeuu..

Before the three went back to sleep, they reminded me to shout, or make a missed call in case I needed anything. I was still hurting, lying restlessly trying not to think about it that much. I actually tried calling my doctor, but couldnt get him as expected. So I sent him an sms instead. I know, I was weak, so what? As my pain slowly melted away, I fell asleep dreaming of playing superb guitar licks and flying joyously, dancing in the bluest blue sky that is infinitely high. Ooh yeah, the stuff they gave me was good.

I didn't go to my morning class, too tired and too lazy to wake up in time. After my shower, I fell back to sleep. I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Had a very easy and informative chat with my doctor who explained me on the possible reasons why it was so bad for me this time. It was kind of awkward coming from a guy, but the man knows his stuff. I told him that perhaps it's because I always main2 nak gi buat thorough head to toe medical examination kat hospital dia. Now, dah kena. Anyway, I felt much much better.

So, puzzling Mr. Pain comes and goes. But good friends are there to cheer you up, even though they might be a little late, they are there nonetheless.